Monday, November 10, 2008

Nipple Gaurds

I've been running again for a little over 5 years. I lesson I learned hard was to always wear nipple guards on long races. When I first started racing I was told about this and warned that if I didn't do it my nipples would bleed from the constant rubbing on the shirt. I scoffed thinking that people were joking with me and pulling my leg. That was until a particular run in December a couple of years back. I ran the race and my nips wear burning but I didn't know why until a woman passed me pointed to my chest and said "Oh I feel for you". I looked down and noticed two read spots where my nips are; Lessoned Learned. When I was getting ready for this years marathon I realized I forgot my nip guards and was pretty distraught. I was staying at a friends house and his wife offered me her pasties ( I think that's what they call them). From what I understand woman wear them when they wear dresses that they really can't wear bras with. I really had no choice so I accepted the offer. Hence the picture below. It's hard wearing flowers over your nips but they worked great.


Blessings

2 comments:

Tawnya Shields said...

Dude you are killing me over here. I needed a good laugh. In all seriousness though it is good that you came up with an alternative. I am still laughing my butt off! Muwhahahahahahahaha!!!! So sorry. Ha hahahahahahahahahaha!

I needed that. Thanks. :O)

Anonymous said...

Oh my! There are really no words for my thoughts here... /CM