Tuesday, August 21, 2007

New Family Member




I would like to introduce a new member to our family. Her name is Jasmine. My wife and I finally broke down and got another dog. Our girls, especially Nicole have been asking us for quite some time and we went to the shelter and picked up this beautiful dog. She's 4 months old and very nervous; We figured maybe she experienced some type of abuse because every time we go to pet her she cowers. It's sad to see that she's fearful of us but I figure that will leave in time.



Blessings

3 comments:

Nathalie said...

Congratulations, she looks adorable!

Both my cat, and the dog of my friend, have been abused by their former owners.
My cat was so thin you could see his ribs, and he was terrified of people with shoes on and of sudden leg movements. The dog of my friend was very scared of men and of loud voices.
Both are now living in secure environments where they get lots of TLC from us, and the fear reactions they would give if they saw shoes or men in the beginning has now almost completely disappeared – and both of them are the most sweet and devoted pets I’ve ever seen.
I really think that once Jasmine figures out that you love her and will protect her, that she would give all the love back that she can find in her heart.

Anonymous said...

jasmines cool. <(*o*)> cant belive you caved. lol i thought you would.
jasmine actually reminds me alot of myself in indescibable way.
love
cole aka sinver that blit!!!!lol

Tawnya Shields said...

She looks so sweet. Poor baby. I hate the thought of an animal being abused. Loki our Husky was adopted from an animal rescue. We think he had been abused too. Time does heal once they learn to trust humans again.