Thursday, October 11, 2007

We got Robbed!




Hello all;

I was hoping my first post back would be about our weekend but it's not. We discovered yesterday that we were robbed. Even more disturbing was the fact that it was our own fault. I guess living in Pa the last 10 years our sense of security became laxed. We left the garage door open and someone came in while we were sleeping and stole a bunch of things including my wallet and car keys. I think they didn't steal the car because the other car was blocking it.

It's funny, nothing like getting robbed to really make you take a look at your values and your own sense of security. I experienced a range of emotions before I was able to ground myself. Here's a funny; As I was distracted by these emotions I called the police to file a report. I look up Peoria Police dept on line and call them. I tell them what happened and they let me know they're sending a car. I wait and about 15 minutes alter they call me back telling me they can't find my house. They confirm the address again and let me know they'll be here soon. Another 15 minutes and they call again. After talking to them for another 5 minutes I discover I called Peoria Illinois, I live in Peoria Arizona. It was funny and the operator had a good sense of humor. This help me get grounded.

The robbers got some nice things and I hope they truly enjoy it. It was our own fault and if I was a thief, I would have thought I hit the lottery. I was surprised that they didn't take more than they did. My biggest concern is to help my family feel comfortable again in our house. But I'm sure in time, we'll be OK. Again something like this is like a big curve ball and it makes you take a step back and evaluate what's important to you. I love my family and I'm glad we're together, healthy and safe.



Blessings

2 comments:

Tawnya Shields said...

Oh Epi I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you guys. I did get a chuckle that you called Peoria. IL. You remained much more calm then I did when I was robbed. With me it was at the airport at Las Vegas. I was with my little girl. Holding her on the walkway with my purse behind me. A perfect mark. I worried for a long time about identity theft since I had my social security card in there since I was getting ready to move out there from PA. It was one big nightmare for awhile. But it did teach me a very valuable lesson.

I send prayers of protection your way. And you are so right. Our loved ones are more valauble then our material goods. :o)

Take care and big hugs.

Epi said...

Thank you T. I think I would have freaked out if we were robbed in an airport. The Peoria thing is funny. I still chuckle as I write about it. Good news though. the Police did recover my wallet with all my ID.


Blessings