Sunday, December 23, 2007

B-52's

I was on line with my daughters checking out some youtube music vids and came across this classic. I think I spent about an hour explaining to them the B-52's and the music scene in the late 70's early 80's. One of the reason this song has significance in my life was because before I heard it I was a pretty angry teen. Very militiristic and black and white. The cold war was raging and I was looking forward to getting of age so I can go join the military and fight communism. This song showed me there was a lighter part of life which you can enjoy. It took a long time to release the anger but I think this song was a treasured spark which lit the way. I started to learn to have fun again.

Blessings

1 comment:

Tawnya Shields said...

Oh my God! We really are weird, us 80's generation X-er's. :o)~



I Stopped by to wish you and your family a safe and Happy New Year.


Take care and I will see you next year.

Peace, love and light,
Tawnya