Thursday, April 10, 2008

Surgery




My wife is going in for surgery tomorrow. She has a hernia that has to be repaired. Apparently this was cause by a surgery she had several years back. I'm concerned about the whole deal but this is what she wants. The last year I had worked as the technical resource for an IT project in a hospital OR. I've seen many operations and I'm fascinated by them. One of the things I wonder is how technically we've come so far but utilized such archaic practices to cure issues of the body. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the great work that's done, I just see a disparity in technology and focus. I cannot wait for the day where main stream medical practices looks at the whole person in diagnosing and curing rather than just the visible symptom. Just my thoughts, I'll let ya know how everything went.



Blessings

3 comments:

Tawnya Shields said...

Hi Epi,
Sending my prayers to your wife.
Take care now.

Blessings,
T.

Anonymous said...

Remembering you in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts, friend.