Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Last 1/2 Marathon




This weekend I ran the Flagstaff 1/2 Marathon. It was the hardest and one of the most beautiful 1/2 marathons I've ever run (Sedona is still #1). It was a great race though and i can't wait till next year to do it again. My family came up and we were suppose to go to the grand canyon after the race. Unfortunately 2 things prevented us from going to the grand canyon that day. One the rain and two me getting sick from pushing myself too hard. We were actually on our way to the gran canyon when the rains hit really hard and we decided to turn around. I keep saying it was divine intervention for two reasons. One because I was so sick, like I said earlier but two because I decided to face my fear of heights at the GC. I guess it just wasn't time yet. :o)



Anyway I'm posting some pics and a short video Nicole took of me trying to embarrass my daughters by dancing in public and the kids talking about curls. Hope the camera movement doesn't make you too sick. Enjoy



Blessing


2 comments:

Tawnya Shields said...

Hi Epi,
Sorry to hear you were feeling bad. Now it is time to rest and recuperate. I am sure your wife has already given you those instructions.

I enjoyed the video. That was was some good ole school dancing. Just wait until those kids get older and their children laugh at them. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I did get a good laugh out of it. :o)~

Epi said...

Thanx T;

Yes Pam had plenty of advice and she also did a great job taking care of this old man. too bad she couldn't help me with my dancing.. I already gave my kids the traditional parental curse. Wait till you have kids and I hope your kid is just like you!! :o)


blessings