Thursday, August 21, 2008

Question Authority (a compilation of thoughts)

Usually when I post I write my thoughts then find some nice images related to what I wrote. Today I'm doing the opposite. I found this one image while I was looking for some other pics.

In high school I had this one t-shirt that I wore more than any other. As you can guess it said "Question Authority" on it. Being the rebellious soul that I was that was my motto. When I saw this pic I wondered to myself if I would've ever moved away from religion as quickly as I did if I saw this t-shirt back in the day.

Anyway, Jesus did question authority in his own way when he was around. All of the established authority figures weren't to fond of him to say the least. I find it interesting that some institutions preach that we should follow his teachings without question when questioning was one of his basic teachings. Besides how can you find answers if you don't question??? Part of the wonder of life are the discoveries you make as you move through it.

So go ahead and question. Question and find your answers to your own wonderful path in life.


Blessings

1 comment:

Tawnya Shields said...

I was and still am an anarchist. Being from a small town it was a bad thing to question anything or anyone. I rebelled. But it was all for the good. I needed to find my own answers and to not fall for everything that anyone said.

Awesome post. :o)