Friday, August 25, 2006

A fathers pride



I took my 12 year old daughter to someone's farm today so she could help rehabilitate horses for adoption. She loves animals, especially horses. I am very proud of her because she took initiative and did this all on her own. She searched on line for days trying to find people who wanted volunteers. Once she did she communicated with them to confirm a time and place. All I did was give her the ride. She's the middle child of my three and she has really experienced difficult times. She's had a hard time in school and a hard time with kids picking on her. So much so that she shut out the world and isolated herself. My wife and I have worked really hard and continue to experience rollercoaster days as we all try to work with this. But today is a special day. I cannot emphasize enough how proud I am of her and how happy I am for her. I love all my children and work very hard to help them to recognize how special they all are. I can go on and on on like this but I will be good and not do that. I just wanted to let the world know that it's days like this that help me to recognize how wonderful it is to love and be loved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She sounds like a beaituful spirit. As I am sure all your children are. I was an introvert most of my childhood. Books and animals were my favorite friends. She may be an HSP. A Highly Sensitive Person. Great info on the net and there are books on these very unique and sensitive spirits. I no longer try to change myself. I like being an HSP and would not change it to be an extroverted person, ever. HSP's are wired differently than the masses and we do not respond well to stressful environments or negative people or situations. Your daughter most likely is an empath. In my blog during I think my first postings I talk about being an HSP. Just some interesting tidbits I felt inspired to share.
She is a very wise young lady at 12 and you have every right to be proud. :o)
Blessings,
Raven

Epi said...

Thank you very much Raven. You continue to be a source of valuable information. I've never heard of the term HSP and will definately look up some more info; both from your blog and the web. I agree, she is very sensitive and probably an empath. I think she is starting to recognize this and starting to get over her fears and gainingself confidence. Which is Great!!!! ;O)

Epi