Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Running wild in Arizona


Woke up at 2:30 AM AZ time this morning. I think that's 5:30 AM eastern which is about right for me. I have an interview today and I'm starting to get myself ready for it. When I run I use this method where you relax and imagine yourself achieving your personal best time. I'm also doing it for my interview today. It is sooooooooo important to keep a positive attitude during situtations like this.

If anyone has been to AZ it's really beautiful out here. I'm really impressed.
Anyway my dau yesterday was intense and stressed to the max. We wen to newark early, ended up on line for 1.5 hours and missed our flight. AARRGGGHHH!!! We managed to get stand by and pick up another flight 5 hours later. What added to the stress was that I had scheduled and appointment according to my first flight. Fortunately the plan landed in time and I had my meeting via my cell phone in a rental car pulled over at the side of the road. That's been my last 24 hours. I'll let ya know how things go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Epi.
You are so right it is good to go into any situation with a positive attitude. Sending you best wishes to your new job possibility. Have you ever read the book, TNT (The Power Within You) by Claude M. Bristol? It is very motivational. I've read it a few times. :o)

My father-in-law lives in Arizona. We drove through there when we moved from Las Vegas to Mississippi. It was during those horrid wildfires. We couldn't see anything except endless miles of smoke. I felt so sorry for those people.

Take care,
Raven

Epi said...

Good Morning Raven;

Thank you very much for your support. It's not only important to stay in a positive mind but to have others wishing you well just increases the success one will have. I've read a couple of motivational books when I was in school but not TNT. I might just go pick up a copy.
I saw some of the fires on TV. I agree to have your life impacted like that is very traumatic. I can only hope that out of all that those folks grew out of he ashes and move forward.

Thank yo again Raven ;o)