Thursday, September 28, 2006

Running (Again!?!)


I just finished doing a 20 mile training run earlier. OOFFF! Got the Steamtown Marathon on Oct 8 and I want to feel half decent when I'm done. I figure I would write about running again because it has become an important part of my life. These last couple of months I've learned allot and have changed a great deal. I have become more spiritual and have opened myself up more and tried to become more centered. One thing that has always helped has been my running. Anytime I have had increased stressed, bad day, or just needed time alone, my runs have come along and saved the day. When I'm done with a run I feel refreshed and positive and ready to take on anything life has for me. Besides the pain this older body experiences I really don't have any negatives about it. I truly consider my running meditation in motion

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you 100%. Running is very spiritual and it gives you a lot of reflection time. I love running and when you get into that "zone" you know what I am talking about.... where it seems as if your muscles the breeze, your arms and surroundings all become one. A truly zen moment. I also enjoy mountain climbing. That also tests your inner reserves. Just talking to you about it creates a positive flow of energy. You are doing a great thing for your spiritual development.

Blessings always my friend,
Raven

Epi said...

Thank you Raven. I've always wanted to try mountain climbing. The closest I ever did was the rock walls in the health spas. I don't have a fear of heights but I do have a fear of being on the edge of a mountain. My though is that I must've fallen of one in a past life.

I find biking does the same thing for me but prefer running because of it's basic nature. Just you and the world. :o)

Blessings
Epi