Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Wonderful Wet Realxing Weekend











It's weekends like the one my family and I just had that teach me to truly appreciate life and it's wonders. We started with a beautiful Saturday. My youngest went to her soccer game and the rest of us went back to NYC. My wife and I dropped of our other two at a birthday party and we went to central park for the 5th avenue mile race. I always love going back to New York and love bringing my family. My wife and I took the Staten Island Ferry and I just sat there looking at the diversity of people and taking in all the familair sites and smells. I always preach to my gang how important diversity and understanding for each other are. We made our way to Central Park and I ran the mile in 6:33 which I was very pleased with. It was allot of fun and I found myself wanting to run more mile races. Afterwards her and I enjoyed a very romantic walk through the park. (really nice). We picked up the gang and made our way home.




Sunday came and we found ourselves going back to central park in the pouring rain. This days race was greta's half marathon. The New york road runners has a norwegain festival every year in honor of Greta Weitz the marathon champion. The picture for today were taken by my middle child (Yappee). Unfortunately we didn't take a whole family pick with all of us cause she was holding the camera. The race went really well and I had lots of fun running it. It poured the race but I love running in the rain. My wife and the kids enjoyed the festival while I was running and had a great time eating waffles and other free offerings at the festival. It was really really nice. It's times like this that I truly cherish my family.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such a great family. I noticed in the pic you and your daughter are serious and your wife and son are smiling. :o)

It sounds like you all had such a lovely time and that is good to see in these difficult times on Earth. You are truly blessed indeed.

Epi said...

Thank you Raven. AS for the pic I just decided to give a seriouse pose. My youngest daughter was mad because she was arguing with my wife and my other daughter so she wasn't gonna smile. I told her she was still cute which didn't go over well.