Thursday, June 28, 2007

Goings on in AZ





Like Titania said I'm suffering from the Summer Blog Blues. I've been running around doing allot of things and when I sit on the PC I'm either very tired or have nothing I can think of writing about. The funny thing is when I'm out and about I think of a million things to write about. So I'm gonna try to carry a notepad with me. Wish me luck.



I've really been running allot lately. I've been struggling and losing confidence. My coach gave me a training plan and unfortunately I haven't been able to keep up with it. Hence my lack of confidence. I am getting stronger and getting my wind back; I figure it's a matter of time before I'm happy with my running. Since it gets above a 100 degrees here during the day I'm having to get up at 3:30 AM to start my 10 mile run, which usually last about 2 hours. I know I'm nuts. But I'm thinking this year will be my last NYC Marathon and I really want to do well. Well, I want to do my personal best. Besides I don't sleep well anyway. It's funny I was tagged to do a meme about goals and I forgot to put get a wonderful deep full nights sleep. I cannot remember the last time I had one.



I read a book in which I learned (in my head) a really important lesson. I keep reading it because I want to feel it in my heart. That's when I know I've fully learned the lesson. But the lesson is in order to get something you want you have to be it or act like you have it now. It gave a quick parable how a guy wanted to be a healer so he quit work and took classes. Soon he was in deep debt and couldn't get any clients to heal and his wife left him etc.. he was at the bottom. He soon realized he wasn't having much success this way. He went and got his job back and was able to reconcile with his wife. While at his old job he was experiencing the same pressures and attitudes. This time instead of dealing with them like he used to he decided to deal with these issue's with love and care (like a healer). His change was noticed and soon he was giving helpful advice to folks. He built such a caring relationship that eventually he was able to use some of the alternative healing techniques he had learned. He kept building relationships and clients and eventually he was able to leave his company and start his own successful business. He didn't change the environment he changed himself and then he experienced success. He change what he wanted to be from within and the outside world followed. That is the lesson I learned; and it is a very beautiful lesson indeed.



Blessings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kool dad! u keep running and this time youll beat tom. dont think of this as your last race either. i miss new york <(-_-)>

nicole

Tawnya Shields said...

I could imagine running in the heat. When I lived in Vegas I had to get up early or run with my Loki late at night. I wish you the very best. I think when Autumn comes we will all get back in the blogging mood. I think it is universal right now. Everybody seems to be stuck in neutral with blogging. There is a reason for everything.

How is your family doing? My computer crashed Memorial Day weekend so I lost your e-mail address. :o(

Have a fun and safe weekend.