Friday, November 17, 2006

Leonid Meteor Shower 2006




One of the things that I cherished most when I first moved to Pa was the fact that I could see the stars in the night sky. Also that I could actually take late night walks in the summer by the light of the full moon. Amazing!! A tradition that my family started was to go out and view the meteor showers when they came our way. I'm happy to say that this weekend, Nov 17 through Nov 20, The Leonid Meteor Shower will occur. So we're getting our blankets and hot chocolate and enjoying this early morning show that nature puts on. So if you have clear skies in your area and want to view something amazing grab a blanket and catch the show!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be star rather meteorite gazing here in Mississippi. I'll be bundling up also. Brrrrrr. :o)

I agree the countryside is the best place to enjoy natural wonders. Wishing you and your loved ones a great time.

Unknown said...

I hope you had fun!

Epi said...

Hi Guys;

Unfortunately we had extreme overcast over the weekend so we didn't get to see any shooting stars this time. My kids did enjoying staying up late and drinking all the hot chocolate though. We also had our first snow but no accumulation. I don't know if you e-merge or Raven got a chance to view the showers or not. Please let me know if you did.

Blessings