Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Soccer and a Job



Well I played soccer last night on a league team. It's an over 30 league so the chance of getting hurt is minimal (I hope). It was allot of fun and I truly missed playing. It's a coed league and everyone plays for fun which is great because there's allot less bumping. My wife even said how she notice a difference in me. I love physical activity and even though I'm a runner first, I truly enjoy team sports and being around everyone. Anyway they asked me to play for them and there's 6 more weeks of play so I'm pumped

On the other front I got a job!!! It isn't exactly what I wanted but it pays and it will help. I'm a midnight maintenance person at Wal-Mart. Personally I don't like Wal-Mart and my ego is taking a serious beating because here I am a very competent and skilled computer professional working at this place. Especially when my middle child wasn't too happy about it. But you know what; I need to be humble and stop being so cocky. Besides it helps me to put to work all of my things that I have been working on with respect to myself and others. So things are starting to look up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your job! I know all about the humble pie. I ate some of that when I moved to Mississippi and no one would pay me what I am worth everywhere else I have lived.

Good for you. I like good news. :o)