Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Finished Reading My Book and a Little Life Lesson



I finished reading the book I had purchased. It was the book I had spoken about on my previous posting. I wrote the writer on a job well done and thanked her for writing such a great book. Usually when I read something I tend to read very fast especially if the topic really interests me. After I'm done I let the information settle in and go back and reread the book. Like looking at a picture or painting for the second time I often discover wonderful things that I missed the first time around. At the end of the book theirs a list of recommended readings. As you can guess I'm anxiously awaiting pay day so I can start purchasing them.

On other fronts we had our second game last night. It was fun and I'm finding myself not being as competitive as usual. I don't know if it's because I have other things on my mind or because being competitive isn't as important to me anymore. I continue to enjoy playing and it is a fantastic work out. In any case I had fun and the family had fun being there. I continue to work at Wal-Mart and I continue to struggle with it. It's no longer and ego issue as I have been humbled and it no longer matters to me. But what I have discovered is that one has to do what one truly enjoys. I enjoy being a tech and right now I would become a tech even if it meant taking less pay. I now truly understand what so many preach but not so many pay attention to. As a culture we are so obsessed with making more so we could buy more that finding one's true calling is overlooked. So do what you enjoy and don't worry about the money. For me it took working at Wal-Mart before I realized this lesson. Hopefully I can prevent others from experiencing such extremes before learning this little life lesson.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Epi.
I haven't as yet purchased the book but will do so once the hustle and bustle of the holidays are over. I can't wait!

I totally know what you mean. I took many jobs in the past that I did not want to do but had to. You are so right. To live life as you were meant to do is to find what truly makes you happy. :o)

Blessings alwys,
Raven

Epi said...

If you would like; I have an electronic copy of the book. I can send it to you. I think my e-mail is listed on my profile if you're interested.


Blessings

Epi