Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Living in the now


I wanted to write a little about Living in the now. I feel that we are headed for major changes. I think these changes are going to be on a grand scale and similair to the apocolyptice prophecies of some of our religions and prophets. This used to scare the crap out of me and I used to worry immensely about it. Even though I feel these things are going to happen, I don't know when which compounded my worrying.
Then I spoke with someone about living in the now. He told me that we shouldn't spend our lives worrying about the future. We should live in the now and appreciate everything around us. He said that as we live in the now we should work to spread love and to make sure that our experiences have positive effect on others. I thought about this for a long time. As I did I realized that I had spent most of my life living in the future and not truly appreciating what was around me at the moment. I was always worrying about my next pacheck, bills, kids events, races, etc... I realized that I took for granted what was around me at the moment thinking that my planning for the future was for the good of all. I now realize that this wasn't true.
Now when I wake up every morning I make it a point to appreciate everything in front of me that day and pray that I have a positive loving impact on someone. Sometimes it's difficult with some of the challenges we face. But as I tell my kids, you can always find something good when things happen, even if it's not immediately apparent to you. Regardless of whether you share my belief of major changes or not, I think that if we lived our lives more in the present and appreciate what is in our lives now, we would all make our world around us a better place.
:o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Epi, I too agree that major changes are coming. But I have became at peace with that. I know I am an eternal being and have began living in the now. If anyhting is to happen I know I shall begin a new adventure as an immortal soul.

I have jumped on board and have been savoring each precious moment. My hubby hasn't quite hopped on board but he has noticed a big change in me. He tells me I am his one and only peaceful part of his day.

I also belive that there are no coincidences in life. Everything is on a divine timeline and the people we meet and share our live with are very important. I believe this man was a messenger of the divine sort. They do not know it but at just the right moment someone will tell you something so awesome and so profound that you realize..... wow, that is so wonderful.

Thank you for sharing my dear friend.

Epi said...

Hi Raven;

I also have come to believe that there are no coincidences. I agree that this man was a messenger and I'm very happy I got the message. You're right when I recognize this I really get a big kick out of it.
The major changes I continue to ponder (the Virgo in me can't stop analyzing it) but like I said earlier; it just makes me appreciate all the beauty and wonders and people around me now.
Thank you for your insight. I truly appreciate it.

Blessings
Epi