Monday, October 09, 2006


Well... I did it..The Steamtown Marathon is history. It was a fantastic day fall day in gods country! The people were wonderful and the scenary was breathtaking. And to top it all I ran my best marathon ever. (Yippeeeeeee!!) Maybe I should do this professionally?! NOT!!!!
It was a great experience the people were cheering you on and offering encouragement throughout the whole run. I always get a huge kick from the children on the side of the street waiting to slap you a high five and you run by them. Nothing means as much to a runner as someone telling them "you look good, keep it going" Especially when you're in pain and digging deep to find the motivation to keep going. My sinuses are acting up just thinking about it :o)
As I said before the day was beautiful and the fall foliage in the Scranton Area Mountains was a blend of reds, golds, yellows, oranges and greens.
Above there's a picture of me and my baby cakes after the run. I want to take this chance to recognize and thank my wife and kids for the love, support and encouragement. I love them so much and without them I wouldn't achieve the success that I have. In fact, one of my thoughts motivating me during the run was the fact that I would get a great hug and kiss from everyone when I was done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job! I know you family must be so very proud of you. It sounds like you had a very wonderful experience. I can see the lovely colors of autumn leaves and those little hands reaching out as the cool autumn air fills your hungry lungs. Yay!!! You did it! :o)

Epi said...

Thank you Raven; It was a tremendous experience. We had to quickly go to my youngest game after the race and she was carrying the medal around for the rest of her soccer tournament showing off. Like I said befor the support that you get from total strangers is heart warming and increases my faith in the good in people.

Blessings my friend

Epi