Friday, October 27, 2006

Purple Meditation

I've been really busy lately getting things done around the house and handling my new responsibilities as keeper of the house and family needs (House Dad). One of the things I have been working is improving my meditation skills. I've been practicing meditaion for about two months. I haven't been as dedicated to the process I have wanted to but I'm learning to make time for it. When I started meditating I was actually pretty impressed and happy with the whole process. Unfortunately, daily life has a way of intruding on things like this. As the stress of my current situation started building I started to try and force the meditative experience. I would start the process and try to force myself to relax to achieve the results I had earlier. I now realize how silly this was.

I found this book titled "Twelve Positive Habits of Spiritually Centered People" that was really interesting and I learned allot from it. There is a section on meditation and this sectin explained that we shouldn't treat meditation like we treat our goals in our daily lives. The authors explained that when one meditates that they are opening themselves up to the creator. Being the take charge person that I am I found this difficult. Until recently.

I I've learned that I can meditate easier with music. Soooo I bought this really nice meditation CD and gave it a shot. I started my session today and I went through my breathing routine. As I started the music was playing and I didn't really concentrate on anything intense. I just let myself go to the music and thought about openness and peace. A couple of really nice things happened but I'm only going to go into one. As I was meditating I felt very very lite and I started feeling myself in the color purple. It was really strange just feeling myself in this purple color feeling really relaxed. Before I got too carried away my cell phone rang and brought me out of the whole experience (crap!). Feeling very curoise about the experience I looked up the color purple and discovered it is related to the crown chakra (which I also read on today). Funny enough I discovered purple is a good color for meditation. Cool huh?

As you could tell I'm excited about my new discovery and want to learn as much as I can about it. It was a great experienc and one I wanted to share

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love purple also and that seems to be a color I gravitate towards. It is a very spiritual color indeed.

I find that when one begins to meditate that life seems to throw sudden curves to distract us. It is something to count on. I have the same problem in fitting in some quality meditative time. I can't do it at the end of the day or I'll fall asleep.
You'll laugh at this one. I like to meditiate to dolphins talking , rain falling and other nature sounds. I have a whole collection of CD's with just nature sounds.

When I worked at the doctor's office I would listen to this during my break to release teh stress and negative vibrations that had attached to me and while driving on the way home, I had less incidences of getting upset at rude drivers. Just some golden nuggets I wanted to share.

Blessings on your new adventure.

Epi said...

Thank you for sharing Raven. I don't know if I know the sounds of dolphins but I definately relax when listening to the rain falling. My wife usually falls asleep when we meditate together especially after she's had a long day. After I wake her she spends a considerable amount of time trying to convince me she wasn't sleeping and instead was in an utlra deep meditative state.:o)
The CD I have is from the Edgar Cayce Collection. It's different tones from (sounds like) a pipe organ. Really deep tones that I feel deep within me. I'm also starting to try making my own sounds. I've heard that sometimes when you create certain sounds it can enhance the experience. You want to hear something funny? I discoverd this about myselfe when I was singing along to Dave Mathews "American Baby". There's a part in the song where you hold a word for a long time. When I sing that part right I feel it deeply inside like the meditative tones.
Pretty Cool.

As always, thank you for your insight and blessings my friend.

Blessings

Epi