Sunday, October 29, 2006

Poland Spring 5 Miler


Today was the Poland Spring 5 miler Race. It's the kickoff to the week prior to the NYC Marathon. I plan on doing one more 2o mile workout and then taper until the Marathon. All the experts say one should taper the last week but I know my body. If I take the whole week I'm just going to not run as well. Todays race went well; I averaged a 7:48 mile and felt good at the end (that's what counts). But the really different part about the race and today (and the better part)was that only my wife was with me. All three of my kids slept over their friends houses. This is the first time this has happened to my wife and I since we had our offspring. Initially I was nervous being the protective parent that I am. But then I let go of the worry and my wife and I had a really good time. It almost felt like we were in our twenty's again (almost!!!!). As they are becoming more independant (the kids) I think my wife and I can look forward to more times like this.
The pic above I took it during one of our walks (wife and I). My middle daughter and I really like to take pics and of course we never take enough pics. We're mostly concentrating on scenic stuff now but ya never know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pic should be on a postcard. absolutely gorgeous! :o)

Epi said...

Thank you. You are too generous. :o)

Unknown said...

I agree, you should be able to sell something liek that! wow!!!