Sunday, October 15, 2006

Staten Island 1/2 Marathon


Today I ran the SI 1/2 Marathon. We caught another great day weather wise and the run turned out to be one of my best ever!! Seems to be allot of that lately. My friend Tom showed up to run and he bought a couple of buddies also; Ed his brother (who also ran the Steamtown Marathon) Mark and Jeff. With the exception of Jeff, who told us he was going to run a slow pace, We stuck together through most of the run. We were running about and 8:30 Pace which is truly amazing for me because I have never run an 8:30 mile pace for a whole half marathon.
I lived on Staten Island from age 13 until my wife and I decided to move the family at my ripe old age of 30(I'm 41 now by the way). I truly enjoy going back and showing my kids were I grew up and where their Mom and I went on our first date etc.... One funny thing about going back though; as much as I like going back, If I stay longer than a day, I find myself impatient to get back to home in PA.
We finished the run and I met my gang at the finish. We listened to the band, who really weren't that good but they were trying really hard so we cheered them on. We waited for Jeff so we could cheer him on his last 100 yards which was really cool. All in all it was a really nice day with friends and family. To me it was one of those days that helps me keep things in perspective as to what is really important in my life. Here's hoping your Sunday was a nice, or better, than mine.
:o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand what you are feeling. When I travel without my hubby I cannot wait to get home. I bet you had a nice crisp run. :o)

Epi said...

Crisp and Windy. The run was right along the shoreline so that ocean breeze really woke us up. I'm glad this old body heats up quickly ;o). I've discovered that my wife is my soulmate and when she's not around I always feel as if part of me is missing. I always look forward to sharing every part of my life with her.
Thank you for your postings Raven. I always look forward to your comments and insight.

Blessings

Epi

Anonymous said...

Hi Epi, I too am with my special soulmate. I understand where you are coming from. You have that "connection" .

Blessings to you and yours. :o)