Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Overcoming some fears




I recently gave my blog link to some old friends of mine. These folks have known the old me for quite some time. I've talked with them on and off over the past year and I've always told them that I have changed but never went into specifics. I value their friendship but I guess I was always fearful that they would not understand and think me a nutty new ager. Unfortunately I always felt phony not sharing what I have learned and the profound effect it has had on me. It's funny even with my new found discoveries I continue to harbor old fears and thoughts. Like anything I know in time I'll let them go and go on to new challenges. Anyway these are my loose thoughts for the day...






Blessings

1 comment:

Tawnya Shields said...

Great post. I have the same fears. When I do tell others they kind of stare, pause or just go into a blank state of mind. I guess it is a bit to take in.

Really though, most of the people (which are very few) who I indulge in telling I find out are on similar paths and it is cool. I am learning to go by my instincts of who I should tell and when. Care2 people are way cool. But alas the real world people you have to be careful. I am afraid of rejection because of their fear of my beliefs being so different and foreign to them.

Take care and have fun in New York. I looks like Nicole is really ready to go back. :o)