Thursday, September 06, 2007

Hello Again



Hello Again;

today is my birthday, I'm 21 x 2. I'm not as shocked about it as I thought I would be. I think after dealing with 40 everything else isn't that bad. I'm guessing 50 will be my next reincarnation. In any case I went back and looked at my entries from this time last year. I noticed that I didn't put that many entries in at that time either and that the family was going through some very difficult times. I read about how I had to keep reminding myself to be positive. Even though it was a year again it feels very distant. But I can still feel the hurt and fear from that time. That is why I am very happy, thankful and grateful. Not because that's the way I'm supposed to be but more so because I do truly appreciate the love around me. My wife and my kids and my friends (both online and off) are so much a part of me and I can't say enough my profound love and appreciation for them.


So as a birthday present to myself I want to acknowledge those in my life that have helped me become who I am. The folks who've I've had bad as well as good experiences have helped me to grow and recognize "who I really am".


Blessings

4 comments:

Tawnya Shields said...

Happy belated Birthday, Epi! I am very grateful that I got to be one of your online friends.

Brightest Blessings for many more birthdays to come. :o)

Nathalie said...

Sorry that I'm soooo late, but still... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
And may you have many more!

Anonymous said...

ooooo dad u r soo corney ...but in a good way ok......soo cute the cat pic
lol well love yah;-)

Epi said...

Thank you everyone!!! It's never too late to wish someone a happy birthday!

Blessings