Sunday, September 30, 2007

ROUGH Week!!!



Man what a terrible week this was!! Work was so incredibly stressful and time consuming that I honestly considered not going in a couple of times. We're short because a key team member left the team last week and everyone is panicking. Working 10 to 12 hour days, I definitely found myself being challenged this week. Did not get to run at all and I was so wound up that meditating was more frustrating than relaxing.

I guess we all have them and I'm very happy this week is over. I don't expect this next week to be better but I have been able to take a step back and regain my perspective on things.

I'll be back in NYC next weekend for another race and I'm really looking forward to spending time with Pam (wifey). just her and me. While I was running today I had flashbacks of my old neighborhood in Brooklyn. There's allot of history there from my early childhood. I think I will take Pam and just visit. She's heard allot but has never been there. The irony is that I run through that neighborhood every time I have run the NYC Marathon. Every time I run through it I get goose bumps, my stomach gets tight and a couple of times I've started to cry during the run. Some powerful memories.

I want to give a shout to Titania, today is her birthday, Happy Birthday T!


That's my rant for the week.

Blessings

2 comments:

Tawnya Shields said...

It is good that you and your wife are going to get some quality time together. I know you miss New York but it will always be there inyour heart. Thanks by the way for the B-day wishes. It went well and I do not feel a bit older. I guess numbers are just that... numbers. :o)

Take care and say hi to the crew for me.

Many blessings.

Anonymous said...

I hope this week is much better for you!