Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Ending Suffering





I visited the Vault and I was bummed by it. I truly hope that the people who are posting are able to find a solution. As I read the postings I wanted to reach out to them and let them know that they are not alone and that they should not be ashamed of how they feel.

I'm reading a book now and in it the woman talks about a time in her life when things went really bad for her. She discovered a friend who just listened to and listened without judgement. This friend would every so often offer a suggestion which almost always initially rejected. After some time this women would think about the suggestion and try it. As she looked back at that part of her life she recognizes that this friend was what she needed in order to grow and get through that part of her life.


I think about those people who are holding these secrets inside that are causing them turmoil and I want to be their friend and help them but I know I can't in the way I want to. What I can do is next time someone starts to talk to me about their problem is to listen with my full attention and without judgement and offer a gentle suggestion if necessary. I think through this we can all offer a little help in ending the suffering.





Blessings

5 comments:

Nathalie said...

I love the photo of the tree.

Sometimes it's not really necessary, I think, to talk about, or give tips to solve problems. I for one almost never listen to the advice that other people give me. It’s not that I don’t want to, it’s just how I’m build; I’d rather figure it out on my own.
But that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t help every now and then just to have people around that I know are there for me if I need it. Just someone’s presence can already mean a world of difference, no matter if it’s in person or via the internet. I think in the end we’re all helping eachother, even when we don't realize it.

Epi said...

I could not have said it better myself Nathalie; you are so right. Thank you for the post



Blessings

Anonymous said...

Epi, you have such a big heart for other people.

It hurt me too, to see the confessions from others. I hope that somehow it will help some. I'd rather them let it all out on a harmless website than in a way that could be harmful to them or others.

It's hard for me to keep it just what it is, a confessional, and give advice.

I have plans eventually to provide the information of therapists to those who want to talk to them. Who knows where it will go, but I hope it goes well. I pray for those who visit every morning and night. Take care, buddy.

Anonymous said...

I meant "and NOT give advice"

Tawnya Shields said...

Hi Epi: I have not visited yet. I am not sure of my reaction. I will most likely feel like you did. I feel so deeply for others bing an empath. I will visit though and send love and healing light their way.

I am a lot like Nathalie. I prefer to figure things out on my own. I went to group therapy once and was so put off that I never went back. This was after my divorce.

I realize many people need some outlet. The first step in healing is confessing that there is something bothering them. That is the toughest I think.

You are such a kind soul Epi and I am so glad to be called your friend. :o)

Blessings