Thursday, April 05, 2007

With or Without you


I don't know if many of you can recall the picture above. It's the picture of the boy from one of U2's first albums Boy. I was always fascinated by the picture and the boys piercing eyes. I was a junior in high school in 1982. My friend had the album and told me they were a great band. My friend was pretty cool and with the in crowd at the time. Being the ignorant soul that I was I played along and said yea I heard of them play the record (the vinyl record). He put on Sunday Bloody Sunday and I was hooked. Through their music I traveled on my spiritual journey. The Joshua tree album was significant for me because there were several songs on there that really touched me deeply. "I still haven't found what I'm looking for" said for me in the song what I was painfully feeling deep inside. My wife hates when I say this but the album is why my son has his name. They're older than I am but it seems as they grew so did I. I don't worship them like a groupy, but I think do admire them and see them as friends that I've known and grown with

I'm posting "With or Without You" with my new toy (esnips). This is a song I have sung to my wife my kids and my dog. And even though I really can't sing, sining out loud with Bono always brings a smile to my face and brightens my day.

Blessings

U2 - With or Witho...

5 comments:

Tawnya Shields said...

Oh now that is what I am talking about. I listened to it twice!
Bono is really into world causes. I applaud him for that.

You're getting me hooked. I will have to go check this site out. :o)

Anonymous said...

Dude, U2's awesome. Take care!

Anonymous said...

I watched a Passion video on YouTube that played "Where The Streets Have No Name" when Christ rose. It was really powerful.

Take care!

How was your Easter?

The Vault's becoming more put together, I think. I now have left the confessional an option, so that it's not the main page of the site.

Epi said...

Titania, thank you as always for your posts. I'm glad you liked it. Bono is definitely s point of light.

Josh, I'm guessing you enjoy US as much as I do. If you can get me the link for the you tube video I would be grateful. I checked out the vault again and I think your right it's coming along great. Thank you


Blessings

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I like their music, and I think Bono is one of the few people in the world worthy of being a hero.

I'll try to find the vid and send you the link. Take care.