Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Illusion




I have read a couple of books by Neal Donald Walsch. He has written the "Conversation with God" series of books. They are very intense yet they really ring true for me. I keep wondering about one of the statements that is reinforced. The statement is that we live in an illusion and that this isn't are real selves. That we have created this illusion so that we may co-create and learn. Hence the reason we keep reincarnating into this world.

Like I said before this rings true for me and makes sense. I think about my situation and think how ironic. Here I am trying to make myself more centered to try to get in touch with my soul and my guides and the divine spirit; trying to develop my sense that we are all one and connected. At the same time we chose to break away from this feeling of one so that we may be individuals and learn the lessons and pains of being disconnected. I say pains because in as wonderful as I think life is we have all experienced pain and hardship in our lives. So much so that we struggle with these memories as they have a deep impact in how we act now. The questions that you ask yourself when you meet someone, should I trust them? Are they really sincere? etc....



I find myself asking these questions from time to time. It's the struggle I have with myself. I want to trust and accept but the memories from my past come back to haunt me. I've learn of a way to cope with this and again this is a reference from Neal Donald Walsch's book. In it the question is ask (and I'm paraphrasing) "Is this who I am now?" My interpretation given everything I did in the past who am I now? Am I the same person who made the mistake several years ago? I often think about this when I meet new folks and start getting apprehensive about opening up to them. Sometimes I use it when I'm thinking about posting something on the blog. Do I want to open myself up more? Do I want to expose myself?


I remind myself that we are here to learn; That the pain we sometimes experience is part of that learning process. In as much as we dislike experiencing the pain that we have continue on with the lessons of life. The lessons of life in this illusion.


Blessings

No comments: