Sunday, April 22, 2007

My Dreams with Big Foot





When I was seven years old and in the orphanage I was told a story about a 10 foot creature that lived in the woods. I heard about how he made strange noises and how some people went for him to never come back. The story was about Big Foot. I had my first nightmare about him that night and he's been with me ever since.



I remember seeing him fight the 6 million dollar man on TV and then seeing him again in my nightmare that night. My brother even had nightmares about him. One night he woke up screaming that big foot was coming to get him. He came and woke me up screaming and frantic that big foot is after him. He yelled here he comes and as we looked down the hallway we saw this shadowy figure. We both jumped under the sheets. I turned out to be our foster mother of the time. I never thanked my brother for that nights big foot nightmare.



Like I said Big Foot has been with me all my life. I have not , to this day, figured out why I continue to have dreams about him. But he has evolved in my dreams as I've grown older. Initially Big Foot was always this scary figure always coming after me. In my younger dreams he was like my shadow and I would always wake up the millisecond before he reached out and grab. In my 20's and 30's he was always someone that was after me and no matter where I went I would get word that he discovered where I was an was coming to me. He never had a face.

I've had a couple of dreams lately but last nights was really different. Lately in my dreams bog foot has been somewhere which I would have to go in order to get to my destiny. I never had to met him because I always wake up before tackling the challenge. In last nights dream we actually met, sort of.

Again it was a dream where I knew he was searching me out. At the end of the dream I knew where he was but had to go through that area to get to my destiny. I went into a cabin only to discover he was outside of the cabin waiting for me. He looked inside the cabin window and we saw each others face. When I saw his face my fear started to disappear. He was very big and his face totally black. But his face had a familiar look. The look of someone who's a parent, grandparent uncle. He looked at me with eyes closed and smiles. As I looked at him I felt like we communicated to each other, trying to learn more about each other. I woke up.



As I have learned about my dreams I have discovered that things that we perceive as separate are really another part of us. I think Big Foot is a powerful side of me that has been lost trying to find it's way back home as I have. I think we just discovered each other. I am excited and scared about our next meeting.


Blessings

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I hope you are doing well. I gave you and your blog a nice shoutout on a tag I got.

Epi said...

Thanks Josh I appreciate it. And thank you for the well wishes. I'm doing much better and I'm able to start running also so I'm pumped.

Tawnya Shields said...

Hi Epi, I think you are right on the money with your interpretation. This is probably your shadow self. Not a bad thing. You will incorporate an important part of your psyche.

When I embraced my Shadow aftet ducking, hiding and even trying to kill it. Ijust grabbed it and held on for dear life and told it taht I loved it. The creature that kept shift changing, stopped struggling and burst into a million sparks of light which kind of absorbed into me. I have not had any dreams of it since then. This shape shifting entity which was really me is now a part of me and does not need to fight me or I it.

This is a really big growth spurt for you spiritually.

Good job!

Epi said...

Thank you Titania, I totally agree with you and think in the coming time big foot and I will be hugging each other.. :o)