Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Try not to complain



I have been going to a untiy church lately and have been learning a great deal. I'm enjoying the feeling of belonging to an organization but more so one who has similar beliefs to mine. I enjoy the fact that they focus on love and loving yourself as well as others. To recognize the divinity within yourself.



Over the next couple of weeks they are focusing on the movie "The Secret" and the lessons we can learn from it. "The Secret" is basically the law of attraction; the law of attraction states that like attracts like. So if your in a bad mood more bad things will happen to you and if your in a good mood more good things will happen. The trick is to remain in a good mood and positive.


One way to do this is to stop complaining. Look back on your day and see if you could count how many times you complained about something or someone or some situation. I was very surprised when I sat back and reflected on my day. OOOOFFFF! There was this minister who apparently noticed this and wanted to do something to prevent this and stop the complaining. He got himself a purple band wore it as a reminder and every time he caught himself complaining he would switch wrist. Soon enough he wasn't complaining and learning to appreciate his situation. Anytime he found himself getting ready to complain he would stop and say "" I am Blessed" or "this will improve" or a similar positive affirmation. (I am repeating the story so I hope I got most of it right, I think I did :o)



He was so successful that he started sharing his idea and started a campaign. Since he has been recognized nationally and world wide. From what I understand his campaign has given away over 1 million bands. Of course, I have one, and I'm wearing it now and I've been switching wrist. I'm getting tired so I hope to be improving soon :o). They have a web site that explains the cause in more detail and where you can get a band for yourself. The web site also promotes his ministry which I don't exactly agree with but hey! He has a great idea and is taking full advantage of the benefits. Feel free to check it out if you want www.acomplaintfreeworld.org



Blessings

2 comments:

Tawnya Shields said...

Hey I love this concept. In the book The Secret, they have the same type of concept. As soon as a negative thought or emotion comes up, change to a happy thought or feeling and it refocuses your mindset. I like it. I am going now to check ot out! :o)

Epi said...

You have the book? Is it any different than the movie?