Thursday, April 19, 2007

Stupid and Evil




My oldest daughter sometimes can be the cause of allot of excitement and sometimes the cause of a great deal of aggravation. She's 12 years old going on 21. I think if she had one single wish in the world it would be to be an adult. Several times a week we are speaking with her trying to get her to understand that she needs to be patient and live life now.



She's very smart but totally does not like school. To the point of almost saying h_te. We're not allowed to say the H word in our family. Most days she deals with it and it's bearable. But some times she goes on a run and it's quite challenging. She's on one this week and it's been tough. "School is stupid and they're all Evil" is the standard statement. I do not argue with her that school is not stupid and evil. If that's what she thinks it is than I'm not going to try to change her mind. We basically say to her that we don't think it's stupid and evil but if she does she's entitled to her opinion. What we do say is that even though she has this perspective she still needs to deal with it and go on. We remind her that she needs to learn how to deal with this as a life skill that she will constantly use. Also that she's 12 and has at least 4 more years. She sighs heavily and gives us this "Ï can't believe you're making me do this" look and walks away.


As I watch her walk away I wonder to myself how many times I deal with the "Stupid and Evil" things in my life and how often I sigh heavily and walk away.


Blessings

3 comments:

Tawnya Shields said...

Oh no! The teens are just around the corner. My daughter has been Miss Melodrama Queen for the past few months and not getting better.
It is a tough age. You want to be an adult like yesterday. Girls especially feel this.

You are hadling it well and she will learn that we have to grin and bear things in life in order to learn. Not all learning is easy and nice. I think our children need this in order to face the reality of life. It seems many households are not teaching their children this.

Good job Epi, keep up the good work.

You pics wer absolutely brilliant! Great choices.

Epi said...

Thank you Titania. It's always good to hear from friends and especially friends who've experienced your situation.

Blessing

Anonymous said...

u guys have no idea do u? shool is as dand right evil as a horrible job ur forced to go to everyday. it sucks like a bucket of ticks. and the only way i have to cope with it is to brain wash myself with video games and when im done pretend like life is sapposed to be good. like everything else i just have to store it away with all the other bad days and hope it dosent camoe back to haunt me. but most of the time it dose. like i said, u guys have no idea

nicole