Monday, February 26, 2007

Dreams: Back in school again & Running



I remembered my dream this time and it's funny because I'm really not finding as difficult as I used to; Here goes.

I'm running in a marathon and feeling pretty good. Running around me is this racist who is doing nothing but running his mouth. I'm getting upset with him and I really don't want him around. I work my way to him and we start elbowing each other trying to get each other off the course. This goes on for awhile without either of us having much success. This is the last I see of him in my dream.




The course is beautiful and it's spring and we're running in gentle rolling hills by the ocean. Part of the course goes through a school (school again). In the school you're allowed to rest and so I do (which is very much against me because I never stop in real life) I end up talking to a lady who is a teacher and I agree to run with a group of children during the last leg of the race. We all start running through the school and the children are doing great but they're really slowing me down. I'm getting inpatient and I want to take off. I speed up and then slow down because I feel guilty. This goes on through the rest of my dream until I wake.

Here's my take. I realize now that everything in my dreams is part of me or an aspect of me. So Racist Runner is a part of me I'm either trying to get rid off or suppress. My thought on this is the harder I try to fight against it the harder it is to resolve. I notice when I let go of my focus racist runner was no longer there. I was back in school again and I know it has to do with learning but I'm thinking there's something more, I just don't know what yet. The children i think is the child in myself. I think the time has come to let the child come out and I know this but currently I'm struggling with it. I think this might be partly related to my job and my wanting to be successful but not let my old habits come back.

Someone at work payed me a very nice compliment which I cherished. They told me I always have a smile on regardless of the situation. Of coursed when i heard it I smiled and was over joyed inside. I used to be the man to get the job done and Mr efficiency but always having a scowl. I'm glad I'm Mr Smiles now.

Anyway if you have any thoughts on my dream (or anything else) please share them with me. Please don't feel apprehensive about influencing; as with anything else folks only take in what rings true to them.


Blessings

2 comments:

Tawnya Shields said...

I think you hit the nail on the head. You recognized the characters of your dreamas aspects of yourself. Many times this is absolutely true. Good job. You also solved an issue with your subconscious. You recongized a problem you once had and you know that you have to accept that it was once a part of you but you no longer allow that aspect to control you.

I think smiles are better than scowls any day . You do have a very friendly smile. :o)

Epi said...

Thanks for the compliment Titania. I'd rather smile anyway, the scowl makes my face itch. I think you're right about my dreams. The really nice part is that I look back at my old dreams and I'm able to look at them with a whole new perspective