Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Unpacking - Kids on the block



Our furniture finally arrived yesterday (Yay!!!!!!) The driver was a real jerk to my wife the last 3 days, lying,not meeting commitments and being really rude. I kept myself in check and supported her in keeping calm during the whole thing. He finally arrived and the crew was able to unpack everything. Some things were broken but we're not going to make a major case about it. The turn signal on my motorcycle is broken (sigh). I'll just ad it to the list of things it needs. Once the furniture was off the truck and in the house my wife ran out and tipped the crew and not the driver. It's funny, the crew didn't like him either. In any case we have a house full of boxes that we're unpacking slowly. It's nice not to have an echo in my house.



My youngest daughter Shelly, Ms. Social, went out the in the neighborhood and hooked up with the neighborhood kids right away. Our other two are very Shy and more reserved. It was really nice that two of the boys came over and helped us unpack. Not only did they help us unpack but they made our other kids very comfortable and before the night was over they were all playing and talking and generally having a good time. One thing I need to let you know; I tried one of their skateboards and looked pretty sad. I was happy though, I stayed on for a decent amount of time and only fell once (Yay) :o)

4 comments:

Josh said...

Hey Friend,

Check this out:

www.mylife-epi-test.blogspot.com

Tawnya Shields said...

I just love the pics you choose! I do no ttrust moving companies either. There always seems to be a glitch. But it usually gets sorted out. We just had a few things broken . Not a biggie.

That is so cool about the neighborhood kids pitching in. Sounds like a real nice neighborhood.

Epi said...

Hi Josh; I really like the test site!! How did you do that!?!

Epi said...

Hi titania;
I'm glad you like the pics; Sometimes it's really hard trying to find the right one to convey your feelings. The kids were really nice but there's an ulterior motive. I just found out the youngest likes my Shelly. It was still very nice of them.