Saturday, February 24, 2007

Joining a Clan



From time to time I've considered , what I call, joining a clan. What I mean by this is joining an organization of like minded folks. Something like the Unity Church or similar organization. I grew up as a Roman Catholic and that experienced along with some others has made me very apprehensive about joining any type of organization. In my younger years I've tried and thought about many religions, philosophies and practices. I was frustrated because I would find contradictions in everything I looked into. Actually what I should say is none of them felt right for me. I truly believe everyone has their own path but I'm also discovery that doesn't mean that we don't all share the road at any given time. Like my earlier posting about reliance I'm realizing that being with like minded people isn't a bad thing and we can all share in our experiences and help each other. After all, we're all one. I've tried clans before only to be disenchanted by the direction they were going. This time I think I'm ready. I must be because I'm thinking about it! Does anyone have any thoughts???

2 comments:

Tawnya Shields said...

Like you I have yet to find a specific group in which I feel comfortable with. Church has been a no go also due to negative experiences and that my spiritual path is more diverse than they could understand.

I have a lot of Buddhist beliefs as well as Northern European Shamanism. I really do follow a solitary path so I have no suggestions. Meditate on what you desire from the group you are looking for and being close to Sedona there are many eclectic sources to checkout.

Epi said...

Thank you Titania. I certainly plan on taking advantage of my location :o) I also have been solitary for the most part and I'm really comfortable with it. I think that's more the reason, for me, to explore again.