Saturday, February 03, 2007

Things to notice


It's funny when you're away from those you love how all of a sudden you take notice of things you either took for granted or didn't notice before. I've noticed this especially with my kids. My middle daughter Nicole, who is very sensitive but has a hard time communicating her feelings is very articulate with her e-mails to me. She also has a great sense of humor which I've never noticed before. My son has e-mailed me and he said more in his e-mail to me than he has ever said face to face. If I didn't miss them so I would want things to stay this way so I could get to know them better. I do realize, though, that I need to change how I speak with them. Become a better listener.

2 comments:

Tawnya Shields said...

That doggy really caught my eye! Very good choice.

What a wonderful thing to discover! Children do really want to open up. And hey... whatever they feel comfortable with is perfect.

You have great kids. It's good to see them talking and gettingcloser. :o)

Epi said...

I liked the dog pic too. I'm just happy at the fact that I made the discovery about my kids and I'm glad I can get closer with them.