Monday, May 28, 2007

8 Random Facts

I was tagged by my friend Titania for this. I think when you're tagged you have to go and do whatever your tagged with so here goes. This was a great deal harder than I thought!

1. I entered a catholic orphanage at age 6 and was a ward of the state until I graduated High School at age 17

2. At one time I only knew how to speak Spanish, I taught myself to speak English by age 7 and totally forgot Spanish by age 9. Besides simple phrase relearned in H.S. Spanish class I cannot remember anything

3.I had a motorcycle accident at age 24, got thrown by the bike and it landed on my head and split my helmet. got a concussion by the rest of me was good.

4.I was a bicycle messenger in NYC in the heyday of bike messenging. Made a decent living and had fun running from the cops. I would get caught from time to time and get tickets but ignored them. after all they were bicycle tickets.

5.After a couple of accidents on the bicycle I became a cab driver. More money, less accidents and less tickets.

6. At, I think age 5, I lost total use of my legs. No one could figure out why but I could not walk. Finally my mother brought in a Shaman and she did her stuff for a day. It didn't work that day and I thought she was a joke. The next day, I was walking.

7. After I was married and decided I needed to settle myself down I decided to become a NY State Trooper. During my interview I saw the trooper coming down the hallway with a computer printout dragging about 3 feet behind him. It was the tickets I got as a bike messenger. I think it was 123 tickets. I didn't become a trooper.

8.During my days of going to college I would go cross country with my friend Jimmy. It was allot of fun and met allot of great and not so great people.

3 comments:

Tawnya Shields said...

Wow!! That was some asweome info about you! I am so glad I tagged you. I really got a good chuckle out of the bicycle tickets and the state trooper story. They all were good. Bravo! :o)

Epi said...

Thanx Titania. Even though it was tough I did enjoy it and some of the memory's it brought back.

Blessings

Nathalie said...

those were really interesting Epi!