Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Driving with my Thoughts


Have you ever noticed that there are times when you're doing something and you leave your mind open to thought? For example when you're driving in your car all alone. Even if you're listening to music you're usually thinking about something. Because of all the new information I've been exposed to with respect to positive thought I started to take notice of what I was thinking about. I realized that a majority of this ,I call it free thought time, I was thinking about negative things. Anything negative you name it, Bills, issues at the job, kids acting up, worrying about the future, worrying about the past, etc.....



I was totally amazed at how much time I spent thinking negative thoughts and worrying about things I have no control over!! So! I've decided to change things. Now whenever I catch myself doing this I consciously decide to stop it. If it's a bill, I tell myself that it will be resolved and change my thought to something that brings a smile to me. If it's a family issue, I remind myself how lucky I am to have such a great family and such love in my life. You get the picture. I've come to notice that because of this I am enjoying things more and starting to notice how more positive things are happening in my life.



Maybe those positive things were there before and it just took a little change in my outlook for me to notice them. Or maybe I'm creating more positive experiences through a change in my thoughts. In either case I know longer have that worried look and usually can cruise with a smile as I go driving with my thoughts

Blessings

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This may be crazy, but my best thoughts come when I'm laying in the bathtub.

Maybe it's because I'm fully exposed & uncovered, I don't know.

BTW... I love your new background template.

Anonymous said...

issues at the job, kids acting up, worrying about the future, worrying about the past,"

kids acting up? what about me? i try the best i can to keep things under control when your gone while josh is playing warcraft (which is like every minute of everyday) and you call me negative? pick it up dad. cause you aint gettin any younger. <(*_*)>

love nicole <(^_^)>

Anonymous said...

<(*_^)>