Sunday, May 13, 2007

Family Day





Let me start by saying Happy Mothers Day to all of you Moms. We love you all and we all owe you an immense debt of gratitude.


Today was my first official race in Arizona. It was an 8k which is about 5 miles. I didn't do as well as I would have liked to but I learned allot. One thing I learned was man it is hot out here!!!!! That sun just bakes you!! I'm used to trees and some type of cover in the east. There is no such thing here. I felt like a piece of bacon on a frying pan. But I finished and that was great. What was also great was all the energy from all the people involved. I love to run for my own benefit in terms of health and goals; but I also love the people, the support and the atmosphere of people cheering you on and helping one another. I often wonder why we can't carry this over into our day to day lives. Even though I admire the athletes who finish in the front. I truly admire those in the back. Who struggle but keep going regardless of what place they are in. To see such drive in folks truly inspires me!!! OK , OK, I'm starting to ramble.


My whole gang was there including my darling wife. I love them for coming and cheering me on and I appreciate it more than they will ever know. One of the things I have learned over the past couple of years is just how truly blessed I am with my family. I took them for granted for so long until one day I almost lost them. Now I bless every day I am with them and they with me.

So the kids went with mom to pick out her moms day gifts and when they came home I cooked them all a nice dinner. Ya know, Salmon, Shrimp and Pam's favorite Alaskan King Crab. That was our mothers day and our family day.


Blessings

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats on finishing the race!

Tawnya Shields said...

A job well done. I would have had a heat stroke. I don't do well with heat.

Wow! Pam had an awesome Mother's Day. I can see the wonderful love you two share.

Many blessings to you and yours!

Epi said...

Thank you josh, it was an experience!

Thank you Titania; the scary part is that it isn't even summer. I'm told it gets up to 115 to 120!!

Yes my wonderful Pam enjoyed her moms day and it was my pleasure in having a part in it.

Blessings