Friday, December 29, 2006

The Decision and Shelly's Birthday



Well, after discussing with my wife for a great length of time, I decided to turn down the position in PA. My gut tells me I need to get going to AZ and that's what we're going to do. We're putting the house up for sale and as soon as it sells we're mobile. I've never been one to wait for life. I truly think that you live life by taking the lead and going out and doing it. Like the commercial says "Just Do It". I hate to quote TV commercials but that has always been my motto. These last 6 months I have waited for something to happen that didn't occur. I do not regret it because I have learned allot about a great deal of things including myself. But now it's time to start living life again. I didn't make this decision on my own and I owe a great deal to my wife for her patience and support.

Also, today is my Shelly's Birthday party. Her Birthday was yesterday and she just turned 11. From what I understand she's officially a preteen and that's suppose to be really significant. Anyway, she's having a sleep over and my home is full of "preteen " girls doing preteen girl things. I baked a cake and totally screwed it up so we had to go to the store to buy a real cake. Cakes are not my thing I guess. She's very excited and I'm happy for her. As a parent there is nothing more wonderous (is that a word?) than your child's happiness.

Blessings

2 comments:

Tawnya Shields said...

Congrats on your decision! And also please tell Shelly I said Happy Birthday ! :o)

Epi said...

I'll let Shelly know when she wakes up today. I think they stayed up until 3 Am last night. Thanks on the congrats. I have to tell ya, after reading your posting on "being a spiritual being" I felt as if it was a definite sign or reinforcement of my decision. I was worrying allot and I agree that we need to stop worrying and start living.

Blessings