Thursday, December 28, 2006

Decisions and first time experience




It looks like the end of 2006 is going to be just as challenging for me as the beginning. I just received a job offer from a hospital here in PA and it's a very good position with allot of potential. Originally I was going to take the position and put off moving to AZ until this upcoming summer. Like anytime when you think you have a fool proof plan something always happens. I received another call from a hospital in AZ that is interested in me. I have spoken before with them but since I didn't here anything further I assumed the position was filled. Now I find out that I'm being considered for more than one position. Hence my quandary. I like the job in PA but I don't want to take it if AZ works out. But if I turn down PA and AZ doesn't occur our financial situation just gets worse. Stay tuned.

For my first time experience I just had an enema for the first time. I don't know if it's just me but this is a totally unnatural experience. My wife was helping me and she was laughing the whole time. The enema is recommended as part of the fast to get rid of toxins in the body. I also have to add that I am a big baby when it comes to things like this. Plenty of women have always told me that men are baby's when they're sick and I'm living proof. God bless my wife for putting up with me. We finished the enema and I'm still alive and feeling allot better. :o)

2 comments:

Tawnya Shields said...

Oh dear friend, how I understand your dilemma! My hubby and I both ahd that happen to us after 9/11. We both were in Vegas, both laid off and no job offers. He was first then I was teh breadwinner for awhile to I too was laid off. We were stuck between wwiting it out and moving out of there to survive. We picked the latter. Sold our home and moved to Mississippi. Here is the messed up part.... while we were in transistion to move from NV. to MS. after waitng for over sixth months which is a looong time to Las Vegans, my husband received a job offer . We were so floored. what trick is the universe doing now we though? We stayed with the flow and made our choices. I am glad we did. I was not happy in Vegas and I love the rural lifestyle. It seems sometime we dislike the "free will" thing. But we just have to take the plunge. Most of the time it in the end proves to be the correct one. I am sure you will receive a sign or "feeling" about what is the right choice for you and your family. I will send positive prayers to boost some good energy your way. :o)
oh.. plese forgive me for laughing about your trepidations with the enema.. and I will explain.

Your wife and I share the same consenus about men. You all do tend to be more queasy when it comes to doing things to your bodies than we are. I guess as women we endure so many more body functions than our male counterparts.

On to why I am laughing ..my hubby has turned 50 and I told him he will have to get a colonscopy. He warned me not to tell the doctor when we went in for his regular check up. I told him it didn't matter, the doctor would know. Sure enough he brought it up and I started laughing right then and there. Out GP is cool and we can talk to him freely. My husband was mortified and told Doc he wanted to be unconscious if anything was going up his butt.He reassured my hubby that he wouldn't feel anything. He left still feeling queasy at the thought but it got worse the day he had his consult with the gasteronolgist Excuse my spelling). He received the instructions of what he had to do the day prior to his procedure. The drinking of the tasty magnesium citrate. Hummm. and then the grand finale ...THE ENEMA. He was going to cancel his appointment. I told him no way that he had to get this done. I coddled him and reassured him that it would be fine. It worked for now. He has to have it done in January. We shall see.


Anyway, good job Epi. You have a good lady by your side to encourage you and help you on your healing journey.

Blessings to you and yours. :o)

Epi said...

I truly appreciate when you post Titania. Not only do I benefit from your insight but it seems that we have had similar experiences in this lifetime. It is very comforting when someone can relay their similar experience. To me it makes me feel not so isolated and helps in encouraging me to move forward. I've said it many time about I am truly thankful for meeting you and sharing our thoughts and insights.
You don't have to apologize for laughing about the enema. I think it's funny too. Like I said I'm a baby and I admit it. I totally agree that women endure more than men with respect to their body's. I feel for your hubby. I'd tell me it wasn't so bad but I'd be lying. I totally did not like it. I felt like one of those cartons where someone puts a hose in them and fills them up with water. Then My wife made me laugh with some very undesirable results.

Blessings Friend