Saturday, December 30, 2006

Dream of Anger



Last night I had an interesting dream. I was in a hotel and things were not going well. I can't remember exactly what was wrong but I was deliberately being duped by the staff of this establishment and I was not happy. What made it worse was that they knew they were taking advantage of my situation and they were smiling at me about it. I could feel the anger increase in my body and in my dream my anger became so overwhelming that I lifted the building using some sort of mental powers and dropped it destroying it. Unfortunately it also hurt allot of innocent people inside. I woke up from this dream in a rather calm state of mind and I remember saying to myself, I still have allot of anger I need to get rid of. Growing up my temper was always on my sleeve. It helped me greatly as an orphan growing up on the side of the neighborhood people didn't like to go. One of the interesting parts about the dream is that as I got angry I felt powerful and strong. I felt my heartbeat increase, my muscles tighten and just an intense addictive power. I've learned that it's a deception, when you become angry even though you feel strength, it is really a sign of weakness.

As I got older it (my temper) became a real hindrance without my recognizing it. It wasn't until a couple of years ago that I recognized this. I think I'm a great deal better than I was but my dream served as a reminder to me that I still need to be mindful of it. It is something that haunts me and I think will for some time. I thank my guides for bringing it to light so I don't get too confident that I've beat it. Better to lose my cool in a dream than in my awake state.

Blessings and stay calm

2 comments:

Tawnya Shields said...

Hi Epi, That was really a good self analysis. Your are really exploring your inner self and healing on so many levels. The best thing we can do is to recognize areas that we need to work on. That leads to true enlightenment.

I personally found out when I get one thing figured out ther is always more things I discover I have to work on.I guess that is what life is all about as a spirit living in a human body. :o)

I wish you and your family a blessed new year!

Epi said...

Thank you very much Titania. I think you're right about when you figure one thing out another pops up. I agree that's what's it's all about. Otherwise life would be way too easy

Blessings