Sunday, December 24, 2006

The Eagle and My Pendulum



I was doing my 6 mile run yesterday afternoon trying out this new breathing technique that I read about. The traffic was really heavy due to the holidays shopping season and was a big distraction to my normally quiet run. Right about at my three mile turn around I saw this beautiful Bald Eagle. It was gliding in the wind and saw me. It came about 50 feet over my head circle twice and went off. What a beautiful animal it is. This is the first time I've ever seen one in flight and so close. I smiled to myself and gave thanks for the experience.

I had bought a quartz pendulum to use. The first day I had it I dropped it and it chipped the tip off. I was discouraged but decided to keep it anyway. I had cleaned it and carried with me for almost a week so it could tune itself to my energies. I decided to use it last night. First my wife, my youngest and I had a quick meditation to clear our minds. It wasn't suppose to be quick but there were too many distractions(Dog barking, phone ringing, refrigerator turning on etc). After our session I said a quick prayer and I started asking questions. Since this is my first time I have to be honest and say that I was truly amazed at how it worked. I would ask a question and I would get an answer. Near the end of the experience I could feel the energy in my hand and fingers.

I guess this was a day of multiple firsts. :o)

2 comments:

Tawnya Shields said...

I am so happy for you. You are progressing along quite nicely. It is indeed amazing how the universe attunes to our vibrations and prayers when we set our hearts and souls along with our higher selves. Many good things start to happen as you are a witness to.

I had a nice contact with my totem hawk. Hawk has always followed me about while I run and also while driving will warn me of a state trooper. Anyway, this past Thursday it was pouring rain and I decided to go check the mailbox. I walked out to make a quick dash to the mailbox which is a very short walkway about 50 feet and there sitting on my mailbox was a very large red tailed hawk!I slowed down and backed up so as not to disturb it. I was so amazed at how close it was to the house. My front door to be exact.

My hubby was potatoed out in front of the tv so I whispered to get up and come take a look. We stood there in awe as Mr. Hawk looked around as if my mailbox was a tree limb. I have one of those cedar mailboxes with a peaked roof and that was where he rested. Too cool. He stayed there for a good 30 minutes in the rain. I was so honored to have seen that. I think when we see these majestic birds it is a thumbs up from the creator. :o)

Thank you for sharing your story about the eagle . I know that was an uplifting moment.

Epi said...

That is really cool with the hawk!! I am truly fascinated by birds of all kinds. Although I don't consider myself a bird watcher in sense Of taking time and going to watch them. I find it more enjoyable to just go out and take notice as to who is making themselves available to you at the time.

I wanted to also let you know that I decided to work with my bear totem so I can understand more what she's trying to communicate to me. I'll let you know as things progress.