Sunday, January 21, 2007

3 days and counting


I drove my wife to work this morning at 5 AM. It's nice when I drive her and pick her up. It's one of the few times we actually spend alone time together and we really treasure it. We both agreed that this will be the practice until I fly out to AZ. It's finally sinking in and I'm feeling better and more positive about it. The day of the call I was so overwhelmed I though I was going to be sick. It's really amazing that after struggling for so long that this occurred. It taught me a valuable lesson about staying positive and letting go of worry (The Secret). I can't say enough about this because it really works!!!!


Now our concentration is changing to getting our house sold and getting the whole gang down to AZ. In fact my weekend so far has been spent cleaning and boxing items we don't need. It's amazing how much stuff you store away that you never really use. I'm reminded of that comedian who has an act about getting allot of "stuff". I always liked that skit and it's so true. I'm giving things away just to get rid of it.

3 comments:

Tawnya Shields said...

I understand about the moving bit. You never know how much your family is a bunch of packrats until it is time to move. It was summer when we moved and we had a garage sale and donated some to the homeless shelters/ Goodwill, etc.

I know your whole family must be excited on your new beginnings. I'll send some positive thoughts your way on a speedy sale for your home. :o)

Blessings!

Epi said...

We've been giving allot of things away. Also donating allot to the salvation Army and other groups. I tried to donate my boat but I lost the title and they won't take it. The family is excited nervous and scared. I told them all I feel the same way but what's important is that we're together and the love we share will see us through.

Thank you for positive thoughts; they're very much appreciated

Blessings

Josh said...

I totally know what you're talking about. The wife & I moved into our house a year ago, and I was giving away so much. My friends loved me.