Thursday, January 04, 2007

Jan 4 2007




I found the pic above while I was searching for a pic to post with todays posting. I was really intrigue with it and I also checked out the web site which was nice. Wicca to me introduced me to a new way of thinking. The Wiccan creed "Do what ye may and harm none" has become my golden rule which I've lived by since I've discovered it. The more I learn about Wicca the more I'm amazed at how it was treated poorly and made a scapegoat as a religion of evil. nothing could be further from the truth.That's all I will say because I don't want to get carried away.

After much discussion my daughter Nicole decided to go back to the mainstream program at our local school. I would rather have kept her home but I support her decision. I am proud of her and I am proud of my wife. I'm proud of my daughter for having the courage to go back so quickly and I'm proud of my wife because she went ahead and initiated everything on her own. To understand my pride you need to understand that I am a very take charge guy. Our marriage was suffering awhile back and one of the reasons was because everyone got so used to me taking charge they let it happen and of course I got burned out and felt neglected. Fortunately we worked it out and learn the key was to communicate better. I'm still a take charge person but I realized I can't fix everything and need and want help. My wife is allot smarter and stronger than she gives herself credit for. This time she proved it to herself and I'm very proud. Back to my daughter; when my wife went to register her we discovered that the senior staff member from the old program had recommended to the principle that they not accept my daughter. I had to remind myself that we are one and love is unconditional.






I got an e-mail from my sister Clare today. She moved to Oregon awhile back and I just discovered she's pregnant and due this Feb. I know, I know, we don't communicate as much as we should but that's OK. I think we both had a great deal of things we had to work through in the past two years so we do what we can. Anyway she's really excited and she's going to have a baby with a mid-wife which I think is pretty cool. Clare's always been down to earth and is very much an activist, naturalist and a great people person. I tried to give her some advice, from the experienced parent, without being pushy. I hope I was successful.

3 comments:

Tawnya Shields said...

I agree Wicca is very much misunderstood as well as most religions and beliefs that are not of the Christian/Judeo path.

We are all one as you sadi in your post and should not past judgement. I have been ridiculed for my beliefs for such a long time now that it jsut runs like water off of a ducks back. If their path is to be intolerant than that will be their lesson. However, at care2 I have met so wonderfully open minded friends of many religions. It really boosted my hope for mankind. I think globally and universal as opposed to just the world consisting of what is in my backyard.

I can see that you and your sister think that way also. :o)

Wow, kudos to Nicole! What a very brave and mature young lady! It takes a lot to do what she is doing and I too am proud of her.

Nicole... you are a very special soul and always remember that. You have so much goodness to share with the world. :o)

Many blessing of love, peace and healing light,
Titania

Epi said...

Nicole likes the word "Kudos" She's making fun of the people that are as young as we are.

Epi said...

I agree about care2. I really, really like it so far. I like all of the causes, what they support and especially the folks. I just have to get comfortable with navigating it and also learn all those neat posting tricks that everyone uses.