Friday, January 12, 2007

Back Home Again



I'm Back from AZ;just got back yesterday evening. I wasn't able to post from the hotel because of all the problems I was having with my laptop. My time in Arizona was nice but also intense and tiring. The fact that my wife and kids weren't there made it that much less fun. But I have to say it is beautiful out there. I went on my morning run and felt like I was home again. It was funny as I was running I kept seeing all of these orange and lemon trees along the road. I was sooooo tempted to go and pick one of them.



Anyway, my interview went well and they said i would hear from them soon. It was pretty intense and it started off sort of strange because I got lost and ended up being 20 minutes late (ouch!!!). One of the reasons I think it went well is because they asked me what my salary requirements were. They never ask that if they're not interested in you. As usual after I told them I realized I went too low, I have a tendency to do that. But I can fix that when the time comes. I hit it off really well with the director and I actually enjoyed our conversation. It was as if I bumped into an old friend.




I also met with a Realtor and he and I went around looking for possible houses to rent once we move out there. My wife had spoken with him on the phone prior to me going out there but this was the first time he and I met. He was a good person and we hit it off really well. Again another situation where I felt like we were old friends. He actually showed me his house (which he is renting). After we saw all the houses we went to his house and I fixed his computer while we talked. I think his house is the one we're going to rent.

Lastly I met and old friend who I worked with at my old job. He's older than me (believe it or not) and he moves between AZ and New York. I discovered they call them snowbirds in Arizona but he claims he's not. It was fun seeing him again and he took me out for dinner and we had a great time. We started to make plans about what we would do when I moved out there. It was allot of fun.

That was my last three days in short. It was a powerful experience and also very tiring. I am convinced that we'll be out there in fairly short order. I'll keep ya posted.

2 comments:

Tawnya Shields said...

Now that sounds like you're tapping into the those universal good things. I am so happy for you. Things seem to be moving onward and upward for you and your family! :o)

Epi said...

Thank you Titania. I definitely think things are turning around. I think everything I've learned (including the "secret") and the support of friends like you are a huge contributing factor.

Blessings to you my friend