Friday, January 05, 2007

Grandma Dream




Good Morning. I've noticed my dreams lately have been a sort of cleaning house. Allot of issues from my passed that either I have repressed or haven't dealt with in the most efficient manner. Last night I had a rather short dream but I know it's significant because I remember it. I was back in Brooklyn in my grandmothers neighborhood. It continued to have a a big puerto rican population but most of the buildings were burned out. That's funny because the NYC Marathon goes through the neighborhood and it's become and a booming yuppie community. But I digress. I'm there and I'm waiting for someone or rather waiting to see someone. There's a bunch of people getting together and I finally see her. Her face is more puffy than I remember but overall she looks good. I touch the back of her shoulder and she turns around and looks at me strange. Millie Rolon? I asked. "Hi, I'm Epi" Again she looks at me strange. " Epi your grandson". Then I wake up. I recall being very happy that I saw her. I also remember being happy about the fact that I was finally going to be able to tell her thank you for everything she has done for me. My grandmother took care of my brother and I off and on from the time we were babies until about age 7 before we went to the orphanage. Last time I saw her was about age 7. Since both my parents have past I'm guessing she has passed also. As any young child is I was a handful. Since I didn't get to say it in my dreams; "Thank you Grandma, I love you"

2 comments:

Tawnya Shields said...

I think Grandma was communicating with you. That is just so wonderful. But you know my thoughts already on spiritual contact. Maybe the town being run down was a represntation of leaving behind childhhood ways and ideas now that you are moving in new ways with your life.

Waking up and feeling loved and good inside will always stay with you about this dream. I have never forgotten the visit two days after his passing. He told me he was alright and that he loved me. A beautiful gift that I cherish until we meet again. :o)

Epi said...

That is a beautiful gift. Also a nice sign of the love that we have in our lives.


Blessings