Saturday, March 17, 2007

Men Crying




I'm a man and I cry. Why does it feel so strange to say that? I feel like I'm at an AA meeting or something. I'm saying this because I just experienced a situation where my sinuses started to act up. That's the code phrase I have with my family when I weep.


In business I always heard one rule told to women that they should never break, "No matter what happens, don't let them see you cry". If that's the unbreakable rule for women then men are in real deep doo doo!!!! I have heard of many studies where they say that men hold things in and hence experience more stress. Well if your not allowed to release your stress naturally that what is one to do?



To be totally honest, I like to cry. I feel such an immense sense of relief that I have never felt before. There are several things that make me cry; dealing with a difficult situation, my pride in my family or loved ones, Beautiful music. I will never admit to sad movies......



So please, regardless if your a man or woman, if the feeling surges and you want to shed a tear than do it. You'll feel so much better afterwards. I hope the tears will ones of joy but regardless you will feel better after.

One more reason why my crying doesn't bother me much...... My wife thinks it's sexy!!!!



Blessings

4 comments:

Tawnya Shields said...

Crying is a great thing. A physical and psychological release. I agree with you. Tears should not be stifled. If society made those rules well jus tlook at what soceity is,a bunch of rude ignorant, stressed out nincampoops! :o)

My hubby cries and I love that he does this. When we are watching movies or erads a story he will cry if it touches his heart. He cries when one of the animals gets hurt. I love him dearly and to know that he has such compassion makes him a real man in my book. A man that cries is one of the keepers. :o)

Josh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh said...

There is such a sense of relief with tears. I don't cry enough.

I was raised with the upbringing that guys were tough. It's been hard to reprogram myself against that.

Epi said...

I agree with you Titania that a man that cries is a keeper. I also understand what you're saying Josh. It is hard to go against what you have been brought up with your whole life. I do admire someone who can be in touch with their feelings and feel comfortable with it.

Thank you both for your posts

Blessings