Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Signs


I just had a session with a spiritual counselor. I am very grateful to her because she allowed me to gain extra insight into myself. It's funny how we feel things but dismiss them only to have it come up again. I think we all experience signs or signals in our lifetime but because we're not ready or willing we ignore them. In my situation I think it was a combination of fear and lack of confidence. I also think it was a little of my ego mind too.



My situation with my current job has really been troubling me. I know now that it has more than I have let on or have been willing to admit to myself. I finally have to admit that I no longer have the fervor for the work I once had. For me there's a certain sadness that comes with that. In speaking with my counselor I realized that what I love is being with people and showing them things. Generally this is called teaching but I don't like using that term because I learn with them. The part I like best about my job and the part I always liked best was helping people and showing them how computers can help them. Helping them learn how a system can help their lives become easier. My current position, I now realize, has more to do with meeting deadlines and automating systems to become more competitive. It's about meeting agendas and making people look good. I'm not putting that down as being bad, at one time I was very good at that, and was happy with it. I just know now that this is not what I want to do.

Now don't feel bad for me; I am very very grateful that I have a job and that I am being very productive at it. This isn't about whoa is me I don't like my job. I know more about who I am and what I love so everything else is simple. I don't plan on leaving my job anytime soon. But I am starting to make plans on changing my career. Funny thing is, the signs have been there for a long time for me. I wasn't ready then and it's OK because I'm thinking
I'm ready now.



Blessings

3 comments:

Tawnya Shields said...

Again that last pic of the child contemplating is just too precious for words. Good to see you finding yourself and your place. We all are ever evolving souls. It's too cool when we start to fit the missing pieces together. :o)

Epi said...

Thank you titania. I'm finding my inner child again. Hence the pics. I luv em

Josh said...

Sounds like we're both on bumpy roads in our journey.