Monday, March 26, 2007

Volunteering






I think I'm starting t come full circle. I've been contemplating volunteering for some time and I think this time I'm going to actually do it. I don't just want to volunteer just for the sake of doing it. What I want to volunteer for I think has scared me for some time but somehow I knew I would eventually end up doing it. I'm volunteering for a children's organization to help abused and neglected and abandoned children. My fear comes from the fact that this is the type of childhood I had.



It's funny, many times throughout my life people would say to me that working with neglected children would be a good thing for me. That given my childhood I would be very qualified to help others. I would give them the most sarcastic face and say "Yea right! That is the last thing I would ever want to do and the last place I would ever want to be!" I wanted to pursue my career, start my family and get as far away from anything like that as I could. Well I've done that. I have a good job and a very wonderful and loving family. One which I am truly grateful for.


I have to complete the application and send it in, which I will probably get done within the next day. It's strange because even though I am nervous, I feel like this is something I want to do.
I don't know if any of you ever felt like this but I've always had this feeling like there's something else I need to do, something that's missing. Maybe going back is part of satisfying that feeling.

Blessings

5 comments:

Josh said...

I'm reminded of Moses being in the desert 40 years before leading the Israelites through the desert for 40 years.

Who better to lead?

Epi said...

You got that right Josh! Thanks for the post


Blessings

Nathalie said...

Good luck, I hope you are able to help others, and through that maybe also help (heal?) yourself.
Take care!

Tawnya Shields said...

This is so good to hear. As Nathalie said it is a great way to heal others and yourself.

Epi said...

Thank you Nathalie and Titania. I think you both are right about the healing part. Reading your words brings more clarity to me. I enjoy helping others, more than anything, and I'm thinking as I do help the healing will start.


Thank you Both

Blessings