Tuesday, March 06, 2007

New Heaven New Earth



Back in the early 90's,when I got my first computer, I got my modem and hooked up to AOL. Back then the internet was in it's infancy and only for the collegiate and scientific community. It was a glorious discovery in many ways. In an instant I had access and made connections with different resources and groups. It was truly a rebirth for me.

One of my discoveries was David Sunfellow and New Heaven New Earth. He had a shared group in AOL about New Age and the like. This was my first introduction into alternative thinking besides traditional religions. At the time David felt, as I did, and many others, that we were headed for great change. Hence the name New Heaven New Earth. At the time we listened to Gordon Michaal Scallion, Linda Toye and many others that were predicting terrible earth changes. I myself thought it was going to happen around the mid 90's. Fortunately that didn't happen. but what did happen was I changed. I went from being an atheist thinking individual to having faith and hope again. I started searching again for something but at the time I didn't know what.

The day of reckoning past and David has kept his group going and got his own web page when the internet went main stream. I know he has struggled from time to time because of finances. To this day he maintains the site offering information that's earth friendly and soul friendly

NHNE has help start my search and that search has led me to the person I am today. I didn't know it but what I was searching for was my own spirituality and purpose. I was always be indebted to David for helping me and starting me on my path. Since he's in Sedona, I hope to meet him personally one day and thank him face to face.

Please visit his site if you get the chance http://www.nhne.org/

Blessings

4 comments:

Josh said...

Interesting, take care!

Tawnya Shields said...

I too had to find my own path, I was not happy either. My quest came aftet I lost four family members in one year.

My father and grandmother in less than 24 hours and my Grandfather and uncle in that same year. This was from my dad's side. My father made contact with me the day we had his funeral. I began my search. You know what ? That was in 1994 and also, I too, had access to the internet. I became hungry and I still have that hunger. I can see it in you also.

I will definetly check out the site. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings

Epi said...

Thanks for the post Josh, you could say that this was my Gabbatha.

Titania thank for sharing and I'm sorry for your loss in this realm. I'm glad your dad made contact with you and equally happy that you began your search.

Blessings to you both

Josh said...

It's special to hear about others' Gabbatha Journey's. Thank you for saying that!