Sunday, March 04, 2007

Searching in Sedona





Well...yesterday was the day of our great Sedona adventure and what a day it was. We spent all day there and probably would have stayed longer if we didn't have to come back. We all agreed that next time we should stay the night, actually we're thinking camping. We were all thinking how beautiful the night sky would be.



Anyway let me get things started. I went with my middle child for her regression session. It didn't turn out the way I expected but it was very positive and draining. The person who we had the session with was very kind and knowledgeable but I think my daughter made her nervous. She's got this look to her that says "kiss my butt" and I don't think she realizes when she's expressing it. They tell me I have the same look. The session started of slowly and then the emotions hit. Like I said, it was intense, but I think very productive. Both my daughter and I were very tired when it was done. The woman said my daughter was an Indigo Child and that she displayed many of the characteristics of that spirit. She was very kind and patient and I am very grateful.



After the session we had to wait for an hour before my wife had her reading. This is when I discovered Sedona is a big tourist town. We walked for awhile and then we found the cheapest place to eat where we had our 10 dollar hamburgers. Enough to make a hard core meat eater go vegetarian except those dishes were 15 dollars. Anyway enough moaning about the prices. My wife went for her session and the kids and I went and visited all the local stores. There was this one really neat store "Crystal Caverns" that we all really enjoyed. My youngest found Wiccan books that she was excited about. My middle found some great crystals and my oldest found some great paintings. I just got a great kick from it all. My youngest had also told me she saw a couple of spirits. The cool part was she's no longer fearing them like she once was but that's another post.



After my wife finished her session we spoke a little but not enough because we were on our way to our next endeavor. We were talking about the vortexes and we decided to go to Bell Rock. partially because it hit all the aspects of the vortexes (male, female, and balance) and partly because it was so beautiful. We parked along the side of the road and went off on our trek. There were allot of people there and the were climbing all over. We started to climb and it was fun until we got to a certain height. That's when I got hit with an intense fear. I must have fallen off a cliff in a past life because it was pretty intense. My middle one was afraid also. My wife and the other two were like mountain goats, laughing and jumping all over. Fortunately for me this is when I used my dad power and stated we're all going lower. I felt bad for Pam and the kids but they were scaring me also. Especially my youngest who has no fear, always walking to the edge of everything. AS I look back I laugh now but I was genuinely scared. Anyway we went a little less than half way down the rock and walk about a third around.

Sedona is beautiful!!!!!! So much so that I do not think words can describe it. I have read many things about Sedona and I haven't discovered the words yet that can describe the feelings of the beauty. We are definitely planning on going back as many times as we can.


Blessings

4 comments:

Tawnya Shields said...

What a wonderful post! I felt I was right there with you all! It sounds like you all had a blast. I was wondering if Sedona had become a tourist trap. That's sad how once sacred areas become like that. I couldn't afford to eat there. Cripes. Maybe next time you all can pack a picinic basket.

Regressions are tiring indeed. I got a giggle out of the "kiss my butt face". My hubby says a can wear a snobby snotty face and I was shocked when he told me that. But again I don't see what I look like all the time. :o)~

Thank you so much for sharing your family's adventure. The West does have a lot of beauty. Everyone looked like they were enjoying the Arizona sunshine!

Nathalie said...

Sedone looks absolutely beautiful!
:) I have the same as you and your daughter. I just can't seem to hide my expressions.
The regression therapy sounds very interesting. I've been wanting to do this too, but I'm also a bit scared of what the outcome would be. I don't really know why though, but I just feel like that.

Josh said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Great pictures too! You have a beautiful family.

Epi said...

Hi Titania;

Sedona was an adventure, next time we are packing lunch for sure. Maybe even tailgate. The day was windy and cold but we just stayed in the sun where it was warmer. If you notice no pics in the shade.

Hi Nathalie;
I've been told the expression thing is bad but I still don't see it that way. And even though I've tried I don't think I'll ever be able to hide my true feelings. I've never heard anything bad coming from a regression. You shouldn't worry though if you want to do it you'll know when you're ready.

Hey Josh;
Thank you for the compliments; they're a handful and I'm sure they'll tell you I'm a big pain in the butt. But that's how it goes when you all love each other.


Blessings